Thursday, April 3, 2008

Title and Header Tags

If you want to rank high for a particular keyword, it is important to place your target keyword on your title tags and header tags. Title tag is very important, it is the first thing the search engine look when visiting a website.

In the case of this Blog, he wants to be on the first page for the keyword Muslim Blog but it's title tag is "Life is about believing". So this Blog is ranking for this keyword and not muslim blog. It's actually on the first page right now. If you try to search muslim blog in Google, the Blog is nowhere to be found.

So how could this Blog rank for the keyword muslim blog when it is not in the title or header tags. Here you'll try to apply the so called off page optimization, the harder part in Seo. And this is what I'm trying to do. To be able to rank for this keyword you should try to link this Blog to other websites with the anchor text of muslim blog.

I know there are five of us who took up the challenge, but I'm not sure if they are doing the same thing.

I already placed some links to some of my websites, it's all sidewide links. I even placed it on my signature in DP. If all the the links will be crawled in a months time it will generate more than a thousands links. I'm not really that dead serious to win, this is also an experiment for me. So let's wait and see in the next few days.

0 comments: